Built in the early 20th century, Poltair is a beautiful eleven bedroom bed and breakfast in Falmouth, Cornwall. We are located on a quiet residential street less than 100 yards from the seafront and a short walk from both Castle Beach & Gyllingvase Beach (1 of only a few Blue Flag beaches in Cornwall). Our guest house is south-east facing, meaning our sea view rooms enjoy the sunshine all day. The panoramic views of Falmouth Bay and Pendennis Castle from our top floor rooms have been said to be amongst the best in Falmouth.
The nearby Princess Pavilion host regular events of all kinds, with nightly entertainment during the summer months. It is only a short walk from Poltair to Falmouth's town centre. Here you will find a variety of pubs and restaurants to enjoy. There is plenty to do around the town, with multiple art galleries, Phoenix cinema, the National Maritime Museum and more.
The local climate is one of the warmest in Britain, and the area has an abundance of exotic trees and plants. The beautiful Trebah, Enys and Glendurgan gardens are all within easy reach of Falmouth. There are regular trains and buses from Falmouth to much of Cornwall. Lands End, Truro, St Ives and St Michael's Mount are all an hour's drive away or less. Boat trips to various locations are available from nearby Custom House Quay and the Prince of Wales Pier.
- Open all year round
- On-street parking
- Rooms available on the ground, first and second floors
- All rooms en-suite (except one single which has shower and basin in the room, and a separate private WC)
- Sea views and balconies available in 6 rooms
- Family rooms available (we are child friendly)
- All rooms have a hair dryer
- All rooms have digital TV and some rooms have a DVD player
- All rooms have complimentary tea/coffee & a fridge with fresh milk
- Full central heating
- Wide choice of breakfast available (including vegetarian) made using local produce
- There is a small sun lounge looking out on to our award winning garden